From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Newell
Sent: 28 November 2018 08:16
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS Scripts - Are they interpreted or compiled?

You write your scripts in a scripting language that is proprietary to JAWS and MAGic; it is not a programming language like C++, C# or Python.

Freedom Scientific occasionally introduces new functions (a scripting term, not a synonym for "features") to the Script Manager. They ocasionally change how small things work. But it is very, very unlikely that you would need to rewrite or recompile scripts for a newer version of JAWS, particularly if they are small script files.