Re: DECtalk ACCESS32 and JAWS, was RE: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

David Ingram

Hi, how are you?  If you're trying to download voices you should be able to do that within jaws buy going to where the help menue is and going throu to see where the voices are?  I hope that this helps someone.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Nov 27, 2018 5:54 AM
To: "main@jfw.groups.io"
Subject: DECtalk ACCESS32 and JAWS, was RE: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

Hi Robin,

Interestingly, JAWS has (or had) a driver for DECtalk ACCESS32, but I now can't find a version of DEC ACCESS that works with that driver. I'm with you, though – I used DEC ACCESS with JAWS for years and would much prefer it over Eloquence. It hadn't even occurred to me until you said something that, of course, Vispero will have all the old GW licenses and a version of DEC ACCESS that works with Windows 10 thanks to Window-Eyes, so actually it probably wouldn't be very difficult for them to get something going.

Please can I encourage you and everyone else who would like DEC ACCESS in JAWS to email suggestions@... and make the case clear? I will also do this.

Thanks,

Matthew

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 26 November 2018 22:39
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

I use Nathan in Vocalizer.  There’s just something in the Eloquenc voices that bothers my ears and makes it hard for me to understand them.  However, I do find that Vocalizer has some odd pronunciations compared to what I was used to with Dec Access in Window Eyes.  I am really surprised at how many edits to the pronunciation dictionary I have had to make to normal words that are said oddly. 

Oh, and I like the advice to change the JAWS cursor voice to something else so it’s really obvious when I am using the PC cursor versus the JAWS cursor.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 11:23 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

Hi,

I’m setting up a new computer and installing JAWS 2019. It’s been so long since I’ve downloaded voices, I’m not sure how to do this now.

I currently use Tom. I’m confused over which selection to make from among the various formats for finding and downloading Tom.

Can someone please remind me? Also, even though voices are quite subjective, are there  favorites any one cares to mention for best possible voice experience?

Thanks in advance. Keith

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.