Re: DECtalk ACCESS32 and JAWS, was RE: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

David Ingram

Hi, how are you?  If you're trying to download voices you should be able to do that within jaws buy going to where the help menue is and going throu to see where the voices are?  I hope that this helps someone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Horspool
Sent: Nov 27, 2018 5:54 AM
To: "main@jfw.groups.io"
Subject: DECtalk ACCESS32 and JAWS, was RE: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

Hi Robin,

Interestingly, JAWS has (or had) a driver for DECtalk ACCESS32, but I now can't find a version of DEC ACCESS that works with that driver. I'm with you, though – I used DEC ACCESS with JAWS for years and would much prefer it over Eloquence. It hadn't even occurred to me until you said something that, of course, Vispero will have all the old GW licenses and a version of DEC ACCESS that works with Windows 10 thanks to Window-Eyes, so actually it probably wouldn't be very difficult for them to get something going.

Please can I encourage you and everyone else who would like DEC ACCESS in JAWS to email suggestions@... and make the case clear? I will also do this.

Thanks,

Matthew