Re: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Keith,

It's quite easy, just press Jaws Key+J, arrow to Help, right arrow to expand and down arrow to More Voices, press enter

This will take you to the FS > Downloads > Synthesizers webpage.

Press 1 for heading level 1 to find "Synthesizers Downloads", then down arrow and you'll find the following:

Use this page to download the appropriate synthesizer that works with the version of Freedom Scientific software you are running.

List of 6 items

• Vocalizer Expressive Voices Version 2 for Fusion 2018 or later, JAWS 2018 or later, ZoomText 2018 or later, and MAGic 14.

(Version 2 voices also support Fusion 11 and JAWS 18.)
• Vocalizer Expressive Voices Version 1 for JAWS 15 to JAWS 17 and MAGic 13.1
• Vocalizer Direct Voices for JAWS 14 and MAGic 12
• RealSpeak Solo Direct Voices for JAWS 10, MAGic 11, OpenBook 9, and WYNN 6 or later
• RealSpeak Solo Language Installers for PAC Mate Omni
• RealSpeak Eloquence Language Installers for PAC Mate Omni
list end

If you down arrow a bit further  you will find two combo boxes, one let's you select the synthesizer, e.g. Vocalizer version 2, Vocalizer version 1, RealSpeak Solo etc.

Of course if you want to avoid all what I just already put above you can simply press "c" to jump straight to the combo box, Vocalizer version 2 is the top in the list and once selected English United States is also already selected so unless you want to download a UK or Australian English or other version you can then again use "h" for heading to find the various synthesizers which are Zoe, Tom, Susan, Samantha, Nathan, Ava and Alison.

These are all the high premium downloads, if you want the compact versions you have to download the single compact voice file which includes all of them.

After you download them you run the installer and after that the voices will be available from inside Jaws.

Regards,

Sieghard