Re: increase size of cells

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Thanks this works!!!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 10:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: increase size of cells

I just meant complicated because you were talking about selecting the column first which isn't necessary.

Your combination works, but the Alt+H followed by O and either C or W also works and it is what I have in my table of keyboard shortcuts. As always Microsoft usually has various keyboard shortcuts and other methods to accomplish the same thing.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 8:41 AM

Not complicated for me, as I use the Alt, then O then C then A combination all the time to automatically resize columns. Problem for Kevin is that he quit after pressing Alt, then o. He didn't continue by pressing the "C" button and then the "A" button or the "W" button.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 08:37

That seems somewhat complicated, you can simply use Alt+H followed by O and W which is the keyboard shortcut for Column Width. Make sure you backspace a few times to delete whatever is in there by default, then type the value you want, e.g. 15, 20, 30 or whatever and press enter.

Also, here is an article from Microsoft, I Googled "how to enter column width in excel 2016":

Change the column width and row height

Regards,

Sieghard

Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:22 AM

Select the entire column. Alt, then O then W. Follow with A to automatically size, follow with C to enter your own value.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 07:17

Subject: increase size of cells

Hello, I’m using windows10, Excel2016 and Jaws2018. I need to increase the cells in a column. I looked on the internet and couldn’t find anything showing the keys strokes I could use. Does anyone know the key strokes? Thanks Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.