Re: Muffled And Distorted Audio With Jaws On New Windows 10 Computer

Tom Behler

Mike:

Thank you for these instructions.

I have saved them for future reference if needed, since I realize that sometimes these sorts of issues can re-appear without notice.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 11:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Muffled And Distorted Audio With Jaws On New Windows 10 Computer

Hi Tom,

To check to see if the RealTek drivers have been screwed up by an update you can try the following to see if all the sound effects and the equalizer is still installed.  Here's how to check to see if the equalizer is installed.  I've done this with both Windows 10 & 7 systems running Jaws 16 thru J2019.
1. Go into the Control Panel / Sounds Link / Playback tab, arrow up or down to highlight the RealTek soundcard.
2. Tab to, Properties, press the spacebar to open.
3. Control + Tab to the, Enhancements, tab / page.  In here you should have 6 items.  Only Equalizer should be checked.  This enables the sound effects. 
If this isn't there you will need to get the RealTek package for your computer from Dell.

Also, if you don't have this Enhancements tab / page this means that your RealTek soundcard could have possibly been screwed up via an update and reinstalling the driver package will take care of your sound problems.  On the other hand if it's there then there are other settings that need to be looked at.  Let us know what you find.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 7:42 PM

Mike:

I’m using the default sound card that came with the computer;  I believe it’s a Realtech sound card.

Tom behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 9:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Tom,

It's very possible that a Windows update played hell with the soundcard driver.  It seems like whenever Windows 10 does a big update this happens.  What soundcard is your computer running?

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 4:59 PM

Subject: Muffled And Distorted Audio With Jaws On New Windows 10 Computer

Hello, everyone.

I am in the process of setting up a new Windows 10 computer with Jaws 2018.

I hadn’t used the computer for a couple of days, and when I booted it up this evening, Jaws came up, but was rather distorted and crackly at times.

In other words, the audio simply isn’t as it should be.

I raised and lowered the speaker volume, but the overall Jaws sound is still distorted.

I only have the latest build of Jaws 2018 on this computer.

This computer has 16 gigabytes of RAM, and a new I7 processor, so I know there are plenty of resources to work with.

What am I doing wrong here, and how can I correct this issue?

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.