From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 11:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Muffled And Distorted Audio With Jaws On New Windows 10 Computer

Hi Tom,

To check to see if the RealTek drivers have been screwed up by an update you can try the following to see if all the sound effects and the equalizer is still installed.  Here's how to check to see if the equalizer is installed.  I've done this with both Windows 10 & 7 systems running Jaws 16 thru J2019.
1. Go into the Control Panel / Sounds Link / Playback tab, arrow up or down to highlight the RealTek soundcard.
2. Tab to, Properties, press the spacebar to open.
3. Control + Tab to the, Enhancements, tab / page.  In here you should have 6 items.  Only Equalizer should be checked.  This enables the sound effects.
If this isn't there you will need to get the RealTek package for your computer from Dell.

Also, if you don't have this Enhancements tab / page this means that your RealTek soundcard could have possibly been screwed up via an update and reinstalling the driver package will take care of your sound problems.  On the other hand if it's there then there are other settings that need to be looked at.  Let us know what you find.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!