Re: Papenmeier Braillex EL prevents jaws from detecting other braille displays

Richard Turner

I would assume, and note this is only an assumption, that Default braille display means that is the only one it will be looking for.

So, you cannot go in and select the other braille display on the fly?  On some levels, that doesn’t surprise me with Jaws.  As a former Window-Eyes champion, things like this seem to be common place.

I have not had the opportunity to try with two different brands.  I have access to the Braille Edge from work, and shortly will have the Orbit Reader 20 to try at home and then I can see if Jaws behaves the same way with those.

Richard