Re: Opening a web shortcut with a particular browser

Mario

gotcha.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Dave... [mailto:dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wed, Nov 21, 2018 12:49 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Opening a web shortcut with a particular browser

No, my response was based on your specifying a shortcut that already points
to a web browser. My point is that any shortcut that is not strictly a link
to a URL is a candidate for making a copy and creating a file-based
executable shortcut with a URL as the pass parameter. Either suggestion from
you or me still necessitates renaming the new shortcut to complete the
operation.

Dave

From: Jeremy

Regarding creating shortcuts to webpages using a browser other than the
default browser, it can be done as I previously stated, just remember
that
you
must add the path to the browser's executable first, then add the URL
second. Also know that the entire browser path must be put in quotes or
else

the
shortcut won't work.

Regarding creating shortcuts to webpages other than the default browser.

One must first include the path to the browser in quotes then add the URL

the webpage. Here's an example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Feur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com%2F%3Furl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.freedomscientific.com%252FDownloads%252FJAWS%26data%3D02%257C01%257C%257C5ecca0a608f24cafb14e08d64fc39c62%257C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%257C1%257C0%257C636784098886120562%26sdata%3Dz%252FSf5lnWwR2j1KaIrH1r%252BENwQ57n1xRSStt8GPKKnRQ%253D%26reserved%3D0&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C1ca2ec0cf2ee4d80ab1508d64fd9b9cb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636784193869199221&amp;sdata=vLo%2BvY7mURzBRs2L4b4sxJDjaQ%2FC%2FrekRJWOcyo%2Fwsw%3D&amp;reserved=0

JR
Take care. Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a
lot

of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for
where

saved it!