From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Opening a web shortcut with a particular browser

Thanks again. Now for some troubleshooting. When I open properties and enter my file path before the url of the BARD site everything looks fine. I ok out then when I test it I am seeing a message that says this page can't be displayed. When I go back into the properties I am seeing http in front of my file path. I'm guessing this is the problem, but I can't seem to get rid of that http. Everytime I delete it and exit it gets put back. What am I doing wrong?

On 11/21/18, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you, Mike. Now a follow-up question. How do I find the file path
for the browser I want to use?

Thanks

On 11/21/18, Mike B. <mike9902@gmx.com> wrote:
Hi Kimber,

I think this is what you are looking for:
From: Jeremy

Regarding creating shortcuts to webpages using a browser other than
the default browser, it can be done as I previously stated, just
remember that you must add the path to the browser’s executable
first, then add the URL second. Also know that the entire browser
path must be put in quotes or else

the
shortcut won’t work.

Regarding creating shortcuts to webpages other than the default
browser…

One must first include the path to the browser in quotes then add the
URL to

the webpage. Here’s an example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww
.freedomscientific.com%2FDownloads%2FJAWS&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C77a0a
01fd72541157d7908d64fbe3d74%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C
0%7C636784075817606764&amp;sdata=6swZGUYX%2BlBYfpZO%2Bo%2Fm2pmwSxunF7
3mO0fhbd98ogI%3D&amp;reserved=0

JR
Take care. Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of
spending a lot

of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for
where I

saved it!