Re: 2 problems with Jaws 2019 and Microsoft Teams

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

If you are in the US, and perhaps other countries, you can connect free to an Aira agent when using JAWS and find something inaccessible and the agent can either guide you or click buttons as needed.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 5:57 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: 2 problems with Jaws 2019 and Microsoft Teams

Hi all,

My PC is a Dell laptop running Windows 7 Entreprise Edition and Jaws 2019.

I was recently added to a Microsoft Teams group and I need to edit Word documents which are shared in this group.

The leader of this group sent a mail to all the people he invited with a link to the list of documents he initiated. The first time I clicked this link, I was requested to download the Microsoft Teams application. I did it and then installed it. Second time I clicked the link, Microsoft Teams opened up and showed me the list of document. I clicked on one of them and saw a menu with three options: Edit in Microsoft Team, Edit in Microsoft Word and Edit in Microsoft Word Online. I chose the second but, while Word was opening and loading the file, Teams showed a dialog box saying something like “Also feel free to edit the document in Teams” with a “close” button and a “ok” button. I clicked the “ok” button but nothing happened. Same with the “close” button.

During this time, Word could finish loading the document and I edited it as I wanted before saving it and then closing Word.

Back to Teams, Jaws did not show me anything, neither speaking, neither in Braille. When I tried to move the cursor, it always said “blank”. A sighted colleague got me out of this trap by clicking a “close” button in the document pane and Teams got back to the file list presented in a table.

However, does anyone know how to get out of such a trap when there is no way to have sighted assistance?

Another problem with Teams is that when I right click on its systray icon, Jaws says “menu” but no menu item is spoken. Is there a way to determine which items are displayed in the Teams systray icon context menu and to interact with them?

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D