Links in Footnotes No Longer Have the Underline nor are They Announced "Link" in MS Word 2016 with JAWS 2019

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

Once I began editing my Word document in MS Word 2016 after starting it in MS Word 2007, it seems that the format for a link within a footnote (at least there) are not the same.  The links created in 2007 are blue with a single underlined and JAWS announces “link” when I navigate to it, all as expected.  However, the newest links I created in 2016 are not underlined nor does JAWS announce “link.”  They are blue, though.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone know how to make the format and JAWS behavior for my 2016 links like those for my 2007 links?

Thanks,

Richard