Re: Excel 2016 and JAWS 2019 Always Crashing on Exit

Debby Hill

Hi Amanda,

Maybe you have already tried this, but have you gone to the file menu and exit and tried to get out from there? I remember a couple of years ago I had a similar problem with Acrobat professional. I think that is the way I had to exit because if I used alt+f4 everything crashed and I would have to restart the computer. That was before the days that JAWS could right itself.

Good luck!

Debby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee, Amanda * via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 9:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel 2016 and JAWS 2019 Always Crashing on Exit

I have been experiencing this issue for quite sometime with JAWS 18 as I can’t always readily upgrade to new versions here due to group policy, etc.  It’s annoying and the only solution I have is to launch another Screen Reader to Restart excel.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:39 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Excel 2016 and JAWS 2019 Always Crashing on Exit

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 with Excel 2016.  Every time I exit Excel (alt+F4) after saving my workbook (Controls), both Excel and JAWS crash.  I do not know which crashes first, if that matters.  JAWS automatically restarts.  Excel comes up with the dialogue box saying that the program has stopped working and asks me if I would like to restart the program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.