Re: a big cursor problem

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey guys,
Well George gets the golden award for this 1. Ths display seems to
have fixed the trick. I thought for some reason that jaws adjusted
that when it did the install. I'll beat it up for aday or 2, but i
think we fixed it, yeahha!

Cheers,
Jed

On 11/19/18, David Bailes <drbailes@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jed,
as an alternative to using the Jaws cursor, you may be able to do some of
these things with Jaw's touch cursor. (See Jaw's help for details).
Are you using the n0gsg contact manager?
I had a quick look at this, and one way of adding a channel to a selected
zone is to double click the channel in the list. This means that the default
action of an item in the list is to add the channel to the zone. So you
could do the same using the touch cursor. In the following I'll be using the
desktop Jaws keystrokes for the touch cursor.
1. Select the channel.
2. Press shift + numpad plus to switch to the Touch cursor.
3. Press Spacebar or Enter to execute the default action, which is to add
the channel.
4. Press numpad plus twice quickly to switch back to the PC cursor.

David.

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 08:46 PM, Jed Barton wrote:

Hey guys,

OK, i'm having a very strange problem, that i need some help with.
Noone can seem to come up with the anser, but it's driving me crazy.
I use a program to program radios called contact manager. The long
and short of it is, i have to add channels to a particular zone in the
radio. I can access the zones and the channels. I can get to the
zone in the radio, and access the channels that i need to add. The
way i did it in the past on my old laptop, i go to the channel that i
want to add, route jaws to pc, and do a right mouse click. Now when i
route the jaws to PC, if you're looking at it visually on the screen,
the cursor jumps up several places on the screen and as a result it
highlights the wrong channel. This never use to happen on my other
laptop. I'm running the same version of the software as well as the
same version of jaws on both machines, both running win 10. I can't
think of anything that would make this happen.
Today, we shut down jaws, and i had someone just do a right mouse
click on the right channel, and the cursor didn't jump up several
places, it highlighted the correct channel. Any ideas here guys?

Thanks,
Jed