Usually, you will see the FSCast notifications the first time you run JAWS with a new version. So for instance, if you have JAWS 2018 open for the first time that box will come up.
Once you dismissed it, you won't see it again until another update or version is installed.
Larry

At 10:24 AM 11/19/2018, you wrote:
Sieghard:

I shut down and re-booted my computer for another reason, and this time, when Jaws opened, I did not get the FS podcast notification.

I wonder if it just comes upp periodically?

I've looked for default settings, but can't seem to find them in the Jaws menus.

If you can tell me where I can find them, I'll make the change that way.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 12:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Disable Automatic F S cast Announcements

When it first comes up you Shift+Tab once to Not show this in the future, might be slightly different wording, but it's simply a checkbox, check it and tab to OK.
You can also do it by searching default settings for "FS", the following is the only option which shows up:
Notify about new FSCasts not checked
Miscellaneous- that means it's in Settings under the Miscellaneous group.

Regards,
Sieghard