Re: How do I get to the Status Bar in MS Word 2016 with JAWS 2019?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Sieghard!

Thanks for your below.  Well, I discovered that I had the “auto hide the ribbon” option checked.  That also hid the status bar.  Now F6 works as expected.  BTW, I like your shortcut control+shift+g command.  It’s great!

Thanks,

Richard M.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 9:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I get to the Status Bar in MS Word 2016 with JAWS 2019?

Hi Richard,

And since in Windows and Office there are always numerous ways to skin a cat, you can always just use the keyboard shortcut for Wordcount/statistics, Control+Shift+G.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Richard,

F6 works for me too, but Word Count may not show up if it wasn’t checked after getting to the Status Bar settings with F6 and then doing shift+f10 to bring up the context menu and checking things like Word count, column, (which I find helpful as it tells you how far across the line you are, etc.

If you cannot get there with f6, alt+r then w will give you the word count, or it should anyway.

Richard T.

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; jfw@groups.io

F6 works for me in current Microsoft Word for Office 365 with JAWS 2019. Alternatively, you can use Insert+Numpad-3 to read the status line.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:12 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: How do I get to the Status Bar in MS Word 2016 with JAWS 2019?

Hi!

I seem to remember that pressing F6 would cycle me around the ribbon, document pane, status bar and so on.  Now, when I press F6 all I hear is “document pane.”  I want to get to the status bar so I can check on some statistics (e.g., number of words) in my document.  How do I get there?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.