Re: question about best practices for note-taking and retreival

Ari Damoulakis

Hi Amy
I'm not sure how well the Windows version of this app works, the
iPhone version used to work ok-ish, and now does Siri, but try
Evernote for Windows.
www.evernote.com
Ari

On 11/18/18, Amy Bower <abower@whoi.edu> wrote:
Hi - In my new job, I attend tons of meetings, have to take loads of notes,
and from those notes, keep an active list of action items. There are many
topics to keep track of, and when it gets real busy, I can lose track of
everything on my plate. Wondering how other professionals deal with this
kind of working situation. What I do now is keep several MS Word documents
as notebooks. Each time I attend a meeting, I open the appropriate Word
file, enter a new heading (easy to search for later with navigation quick
keys) and then start taking notes. If something comes up that I need to get
onto my to-do list, I put 3 asterisks there so I can search quickly for
those items later, and transfer them to my to-do list. I'm finding though
that when it gets busy, I don't always go back to the Word file and pull
those to-do items out and add them to my task list (in Outlook).
I messed around this afternoon with OneNote, but didn't find it very user
friendly with Jaws. Maybe I just don't know how to use it well. I've used it
in the past with the OneNote Blind scripts, but found them problematic after
a while and switched to the Word file notebook system above.
Any other apps or ideas for doing this kind of work with Jaws? Needs to be
efficient and easy to learn.
Thanks.
-Amy