From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: a big cursor problem

this issue is driving me crazy. It baffles me why this is even
happening. This program has worked flawlessly for years, and now
since i switched laptops, running the same program, and jaws, why when
i do this particular action, the cursor just by some sort of magic,
moves up several spaces. It makes no sense to me. Bottom line, i
need to get this working. If anyone has any ideas, that would be
enormously helpful Like i said, it just makes no sense, why when i
route jaws to PC, the cursor would just move up a few spaces, and
highlight the wrong item. is there any way to do some sort of jaws
repair?

On 11/18/18, Jed Barton <jedbarton@gmail.com> wrote:
i don't even know how to navigate with narrator cause i literally never use
it.
1 of the things i need to get to, when i open up this program, there
are a bunch of tabs across the top. In order to get to them, i use to
route jaws to PC, then go around and find them. i was gonna do it
with n v d a, but don't even know if nvda has another cursor cause i
hardly use it. trying to figure out whether it's a jaws problem, or a
windows problem. It's driving me crazy.

On 11/18/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Try it with Narrator. That isn't the answer, but might be a short
term solution.
At 02:46 PM 11/18/2018, you wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, i'm having a very strange problem, that i need some help with.
Noone can seem to come up with the anser, but it's driving me crazy.
I use a program to program radios called contact manager. The long
and short of it is, i have to add channels to a particular zone in the
radio. I can access the zones and the channels. I can get to the
zone in the radio, and access the channels that i need to add. The
way i did it in the past on my old laptop, i go to the channel that i
want to add, route jaws to pc, and do a right mouse click. Now when i
route the jaws to PC, if you're looking at it visually on the screen,
the cursor jumps up several places on the screen and as a result it
highlights the wrong channel. This never use to happen on my other
laptop. I'm running the same version of the software as well as the
same version of jaws on both machines, both running win 10. I can't
think of anything that would make this happen.
Today, we shut down jaws, and i had someone just do a right mouse
click on the right channel, and the cursor didn't jump up several
places, it highlighted the correct channel. Any ideas here guys?

Thanks,
Jed