Re: JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word not working properly together

Dan Longmore

Yes, there are some bugs.  As we all know new software often has bugs at first launch.  Many times when an issue is fixed, another string of code is broken although this is done by accident and often unknowingly.  Many times too programmers cannot predict how a program will perform in all circumstances since there are so many possible scenarios.  Now I know that Vespiro has not always been the greatest at catching bugs before release but I remind myself and others that while JAWS 2019 has a ways to go the release most likely was ready to the best of their knowledge.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word not working properly together

To be perfectly blunt, JAWS 2019 was probably released prematurely.  Vispero seems to have a firm October 31 deadline by which they insist on releasing the latest version of JAWS, regardless of whether or not it still has known bugs that they haven’t have enough time to fix.

Gerald

Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 10:10 AM

Subject: Re: JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word not working properly together

In my very humble but opinionated opinion, Jaws 2019 is buggy as hell.  I’ve gone back to using 2018 and will wait for the update to 2019 to see if they fix anything.

I’ve mentioned some of the issues I’ve had on this list, so won’t waste anyones time rehashing them.

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word not working properly together
Importance: High

Hello all,

Just now, I found that JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word won’t work together nicely in some aspects. When I’m reading a document, of my own making, JAWS misses some words at times and repeats others—almost as if it’s wrapping up a few phrases/words. I have the document maximized when I’m reading with “say all.” Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? It doesn’t happen with JAWS 2018 as I’ve checked.

Thank you,

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.