From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: retaining old copy of jaws

On Nov 17, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:

Well, many people's experience with Jaws 2019 seems to confirm this quite clearly.
This is one of the many things about these huge conglomerates buying up companies and insisting on deadlines for new releases that truly ticks me off. They could not care less about their customers. Atleast they recognize it is a good idea to keep a previous working version around.
We no longer have any real competition in the screen reader market, so they don't have to be concerned. Too many jobs now depend on Jaws scripts so one cannot easily switch to NVDA or Dolphin and be productive, though I'm not sure how productive people can be when they have to spend so much time dealing with buggy new releases only to have to go back to the previous release to get anything done.

I'm done complaining for today.

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip
under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips