Re: Cannot Edit text within a Cell Using JAWS 2019 and MS Excel 2016

Ann Byrne

The editing within a cell should *not be checked.

At 01:47 PM 11/16/2018, you wrote:
Hi!

In Excel 2016 using JAWS 2019, if I am on a cell with text in it I used to be able in earlier versions of Excel and JAWS to press F2 and navigate and edit such text like if I were in a normal text document, such as MS Word. Now, with JAWS 2019 and Excel 2016 when I try this nothing seems to happen. It seems like I do not go into edit mode.

I have checked the Excel option to allow editing directly within a cell. Likewise, I have unchecked the Excel option to auto complete formulas.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some solution?

Thanks,
Richard