Cannot Edit text within a Cell Using JAWS 2019 and MS Excel 2016

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

In Excel 2016 using JAWS 2019, if I am on a cell with text in it I used to be able in earlier versions of Excel and JAWS to press F2 and navigate and edit such text like if I were in a normal text document, such as MS Word.  Now, with JAWS 2019 and Excel 2016 when I try this nothing seems to happen.  It seems like I do not go into edit mode.

I have checked the Excel option to allow editing directly within a cell.  Likewise, I have unchecked the Excel option to auto complete formulas.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there some solution?

Thanks,

Richard