Re: Protected files

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Mario wrote:
it shouldn't be relied on that the "use of macros as an infection vector has virtually vanished"
It should if one is interested in accurate risk assessment.   Things change, and the use of Office documents as an infection vector became really ineffective decades ago.

One should also be following the practice of not opening any attachments that do not come from a trusted source.

I prefer to focus my security practices on probable issues, which is easy, rather than every remotely possible issue.  Some, like infection from office files from trusted sources, are so remote as to be virtually zero.