From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 6:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Protected files

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 09:19 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

NO, you don’t want to do that

We shall have to agree to disagree, and vigorously.   With the long past advent of scanning of e-mail messages and attachments by security suites the use of macros as an infection vector has virtually vanished.  Automatic protected mode in MS-Office is a major, major annoyance to anyone who only opens attachments from sources they know or trust.