Re: scanning a PDF

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

Hi All,
As we are on the topic of scanning a PDF file, I discovered that if you are running windows 10, Office 365/Word 2016 you can import the PDF file into Word.

In the folder where the PDF is located, use Shift-F10 to bring up the context/application Menu. Select Open with and then Select Word.

There will be two prompts warning you that you are about to import the file and once you have accepted the two prompts the importing into Word will begin. Depending on the size of the file it may take a while for the conversion.

Formatting may change so be aware of that.

Hope this helps.

Original message:

I waited for about 2 minutes. I found out that the first 4-5 pages have something Jaws couldn’t read. If I kept paging down I eventually reached the text.
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: scanning a PDF
How many pages is the file and how long did you wait?
From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:29 PM
To: jfw@groups.io <mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Subject: scanning a PDF
Hello,
I’m using windows10 and Jaws2018. I received a PDF file that Jaws will not read. I tried to use the OCR in Jaws and that didn’t read it as well.
I put the cursor on the file name in my download folder. I then went into the jaws window and pressed the necessary key strokes to start the OCR. It never read anything.
I then went into the PDF and did the same with activating the OCR. It still didn’t read anything.
Should I be doing something else?
Cheers,
Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.