Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: scanning a PDF

I purchased a book titled accessibility handbook  - making 508 compliance web sites. It is a Kindle book. Jaws was able to read all but the text in a picture format. So I talked to the publisher about the problem and they gave me an electronic version in a PDF file. When I go into the book Jaws just says empty page. I paged down a few pages and Jaws keeps saying the same thing. The publisher is going to provide feedback to the writer of the book. So much for creating accessible web sites when the book has portions that are not accessible. Makes me wonder if the writer of the book is really knowledgeable of creating accessible web sites.