Re: scanning a PDF

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Kevin,

If you have Openbook installed you can use it to read this empty PDF file by doing the following:
1. Open the file and press, Control + P, for the print command.
2. After the printer selection list populates navigate to, Freedom Import Printer, and press enter.
3. Give Openbook a little time to get started, and after it starts it'll scan the file then you can save it in your format of choice of the options given by Openbook
Also, if you want to send me the file off list I use a converter and I can convert into other formats that aren't offered by Openbook.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: scanning a PDF

I purchased a book titled accessibility handbook  - making 508 compliance web sites. It is a Kindle book. Jaws was able to read all but the text in a picture format. So I talked to the publisher about the problem and they gave me an electronic version in a PDF file. When I go into the book Jaws just says empty page. I paged down a few pages and Jaws keeps saying the same thing. The publisher is going to provide feedback to the writer of the book. So much for creating accessible web sites when the book has portions that are not accessible. Makes me wonder if the writer of the book is really knowledgeable of creating accessible web sites.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: scanning a PDF

Do you know what the content of the file is (and I mean that generally)?

It is entirely possible that there is no text that can be OCRed, for example, if the file is several pages of photographs.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.