Re: scanning a PDF

Bill Tillery

Whenever I receive files of this nature and all else fails;  I open the document, though it indicates no text, print it out, and then use another OCR program to scan and reat.  Such as, Openbook, KNFB,  Seeing AI, or Envision.  HTH

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:29 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: scanning a PDF

Hello,

I’m using windows10 and Jaws2018. I received a PDF file that Jaws will not read. I tried to use the OCR in Jaws and that didn’t read it as well.

I put the cursor on the file name in my download folder. I then went into the jaws window and pressed the necessary key strokes to start the OCR. It never read anything.

I then went into the PDF and did the same with activating the OCR. It still didn’t read anything.

Should I be doing something else?

Cheers,

Kevin