Re: How do I make the "pane" with the "resume reading" button go away in MS Word 2016?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Richard T.,

Despite my previous reply, I got brave and tried the solution in the article you cited below.  However, I ran into a conundrum as described next.  I am hoping you might be able to help.

Basically, when I go into the permissions>advanced dialog box as instructed in the solution, there is first a list view listing classes of users.  In fact, this list view is in both the “permissions” and its sub dialogue box “advanced.”  Then, within the “advanced” dialogue box, there is a first check box and then there is a second check box.  For the classes of users, I am focused on the one listed there, me; but they all have the same check box configuration.  The first check box is checked, and it says “Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent.”  The second check box *is* unchecked, and it says “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object.”

Now, my conundrum is that the solution below says that this second check box should be unchecked.  Well, it already is.  So, I am wondering if the first check box should also be unchecked.

BTW, in the solution it says to go to the “… 15.0 …” HKEY.  I am going to the “… 16.0 …” HKEY.  I think this is correct; referring to the Office version you have.  I have MS Office 16 (i.e., Word 2016); and find this item there and nothing under the “… 15.0 …” HKEY.

Thanks,

Richard M.