Re: How do I make the "pane" with the "resume reading" button go away in MS Word 2016?

Richard B. McDonald

Yeah, I saw this, but it seems not to be the solution.  It is referring to uneditable things like a PDF attachment to an email; not a Word document itself that is being edited.

Thanks!

The other Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I make the "pane" with the "resume reading" button go away in MS Word 2016?

Hi Richard,

See if this tip I found doing a search will help:

efault viewing mode in Word 2013, go to File → Options, and in Word Option dialog, un-check option “Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view” under General section and Start up options. Click OK to save the change. And that's it.

Word 2013 Quick Tip: How To Disable Read Mode as Default View ...

Search for: How do I turn off Read Mode in Word?

How do you disable pick up where I left off?

Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:41 AM

Subject: Re: How do I make the "pane" with the "resume reading" button go away in MS Word 2016?

I Googled it but found no solution.  It is annoying.  Perhaps if you are *reading* a document it may be a good thing, as others have pointed out.  But, if you are *writing* a document as am I it is not a good thing.  There ought to be some sort of a way to terminate this!

The other Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I just wait a moment and it goes away. I figured that was a "new feature" that is a tiny bit annoying since I usually don't want to resume reading. I have not checked to see if it is something to uncheck.

Have you googled it?

Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 

On Nov 10, 2018, at 2:14 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

Hi!

In MS Word 2016 using JAWS 2019, when I open a document I can hear two “panes” opening.  As I F6 around, I hear when I go to the “document pane” (which I want) and also “pane” which has a button labeled “resume reading.”  I want to disable this latter pane with the “resume reading” button. In this particular document, it happens to have numerous headings and a few heading levels; so perhaps Word thinks it is some sort of an eBook that I am reading?  Whatever the case may be, how can I disable this?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.