From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I make the "pane" with the "resume reading" button go away in MS Word 2016?

Hi Richard,

See if this tip I found doing a search will help:

efault viewing mode in Word 2013, go to File → Options, and in Word Option dialog, un-check option “Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view” under General section and Start up options. Click OK to save the change. And that's it.

Word 2013 Quick Tip: How To Disable Read Mode as Default View ...

Search for: How do I turn off Read Mode in Word?

How do you disable pick up where I left off?

Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:41 AM

I Googled it but found no solution.  It is annoying.  Perhaps if you are *reading* a document it may be a good thing, as others have pointed out.  But, if you are *writing* a document as am I it is not a good thing.  There ought to be some sort of a way to terminate this!

The other Richard