Re: "From" and "To" Not Spoken When Making a Large Selection in JAWS 2019 with MS Word 2016

Richard B. McDonald

Basically, I am using the shift+control+downarrow method to select an entire paragraph.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 6:32 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: "From" and "To" Not Spoken When Making a Large Selection in JAWS 2019 with MS Word 2016

What method are you using to make your selection?

I’m not sure I ever had Jaws say anything about from and to, but I’ve only really been using Jaws since version 18, for a few months, then 2018 and now 2019.

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 3:44 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: "From" and "To" Not Spoken When Making a Large Selection in JAWS 2019 with MS Word 2016

Hi!

In JAWS 2019 using MS Word 2016, when I make a large selection it does not say a short phrase of the “from” and “to” of the selection.  For example, if I selected an entire paragraph that started with “See spot run” and ended with “ball is blue,” these phrases used to be spoken as the “from” and “to” selection along with the total number of characters within the selection.  In earlier versions of MS Word and JAWS, this behavior was consistent, but not any longer in JAWS 2019 with MS Word 2016.

Is anyone else noticing this?  Has, or should, this been reported to the JAWS bug fix cue?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.