Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How does one start Microsoft Narrator at the Login Screen in Windows 10?

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Clearly, attachments are not allowed.
Here is a direct link to the file on my web site.
http://www.turner42.com/NarratorKeyboardCommands,TouchGesturesAndScanMode.docx

Richard

"Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure." - Bruce U. Utah Phillips

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 10:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How does one start Microsoft Narrator at the Login Screen in Windows 10?

If this list allows attachments, I've attached a Word .Docx file with the narrator commands in several tables for each section of the Narrator user guide Appendix B.
I find it easier to use than the web site.

Richard

"Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure." - Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How does one start Microsoft Narrator at the Login Screen in Windows 10?

And here is a webpage with Narrator commands.
https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fhelp%2F22798%2Fwindows-10-complete-guide-to-narrator&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C73634d04eaae4f91f17b08d648cb6e2e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636776435888415601&amp;sdata=fBZv%2F0UspdCn5e1dihaLTZ5C5WJjSMogB9HA6lpKyTM%3D&amp;reserved=0

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:44 PM
To: 'main@jfw.groups.io' <main@jfw.groups.io>

Thanks very much, Ann. I'll give this a try tomorrow.

Sieghard, I need to first use Narrator to get onto the computer, download and install the JAWS demo mode, before I can give JAWS a test run on Windows 10.

Thanks, Keith

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:30 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: How does one start Microsoft Narrator at the Login Screen in Windows 10?

Starting on the logon screen, the shortcut Windows+ctrl+enter will work if it is set up, but not if it isn't. So if you try the shortcut on the logon screen and nothing happens, try this:

1. Press ctrl+escape to get to the start menu.
2. Type Windows+r (run)
3. Type "narrator" and press enter.

Once you have Narrator running, tinker with the settings. Be sure the 'use shortcut key' is checked. If you want narrator to start automatically on the logon screen, check that setting. There is also a setting to start Narrator automatically after logon, which can be checked.

The list of Narrator shortcut keys will display when you press capslock+f1.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.