Re: Is there a reason to not upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Dave Durber

Helloo Chris:

Do not run CHKDSK nor, Disk Defrragmenter on a solid state hard drive.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2018 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: Is there a reason to not upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

There can e lots of reasons for a computer to run slow.  I had slowness issues when i upgraded my old laptop to windows 10.  It wasn't exactly fast under windows 7 either, though.  I finally found the answer: a failing hard drive was the main issue.  Just because windows thinks the drive is okay doesn't mean you shouldn't do a chkdsk once in a while just to check things out.

On 11/9/2018 09:50, David & his pack of dogs wrote:

I have a refurbished computer that it was estimated ran windows 7 originally, now running windows 10. It does work, however, you could make and drink your coffee by the time JAWS loads up. It started with JAWS 18.  I now have a Mac Book pro that was built around 012.  It was converted to a windows 10 computer and it runs a lot faster. That is just my thoughts, yes a windows 7 can be upgraded to 10, you just might get frustrated with the slowness of the performance.     

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: November 9, 2018 3:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a reason to not upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

I'm running Windows 10 on older machines--2012 older anyway--and it works just fine. I haven't had one single problem since upgrading in February, 2017.

On 11/8/2018 2:05 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,

I use a work computer which is still running Windows 7. We have now, finally, been given an opportunity to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, with a no return to Windows 7 policy once upgraded.

Is there any reason to not upgrade to Windows 10? This will be an upgrade on an older computer, and not a replacement computer, if that would make a difference.

Using the latest JAWS.

Thanks in advance. Keith

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.