"From" and "To" Not Spoken When Making a Large Selection in JAWS 2019 with MS Word 2016

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

In JAWS 2019 using MS Word 2016, when I make a large selection it does not say a short phrase of the “from” and “to” of the selection.  For example, if I selected an entire paragraph that started with “See spot run” and ended with “ball is blue,” these phrases used to be spoken as the “from” and “to” selection along with the total number of characters within the selection.  In earlier versions of MS Word and JAWS, this behavior was consistent, but not any longer in JAWS 2019 with MS Word 2016.

Is anyone else noticing this?  Has, or should, this been reported to the JAWS bug fix cue?

Thanks,

Richard