by default it is set to clasic.
Mine still is.
Larry

At 10:26 AM 11/11/2018, you wrote:
Hi Larry & Richard,

Try checking what sound scheme you have running. The keystroke is, Insert / Jaws key, Alt + S. If it's not set on, Classic, try Classic to see if it helps.
Take care. Mike. Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:larrygassman@roadrunner.com>Larry Gassman
To: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: Why am I hearing Inverted cap i at 1 and other such distracting things in Jaws 2019

Not sure Richard. I hear it too, and was thinking
of exploring the dictionary manager to see if the
answer could be found in there.
But I haven't begun to explore yet.
Larry
At 10:37 AM 11/10/2018, you wrote:
Maybe an example will help explain my question
about Jaws saying inverted I in Jaws 2019.
In the Apple devices like iPhones the operating
system is written with a small I and then
capitalized OS, but Jaws is reading that as
"Inverted cap I at 1 iOS," when it starts a line.

Any ideas what the heck setting is causing this?

Richard

"Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been
and a spirt is a drip under pressure." - Bruce U. Utah Phillips