Re: How does one start Microsoft Narrator at the Login Screen in Windows 10?

If the PC has been upgraded to version 1809 before that update got pulled Narrator will offer you a tutorital after you start it. In case it has not yet been upgraded the Narrator experience will be quite different, Microsoft has made a lot of improvements in the 1809 version of Windows.

Of course in my opinion it still cannot be compared with the Jaws 2019 experience so whatever you get out of using this PC with Narrator maybe of limited value.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 4:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How does one start Microsoft Narrator at the Login Screen in Windows 10?

control windows enter will start narrator.  This is a toggle keystroke, so the same keystroke will exit narrator.

HTH,

Chris

,

On Nov 11, 2018, at 7:12 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io <kramlinger.keith@...> wrote:

Hi,

A family member has given me permission to use her Windows 10 machine to see how I like it. It doesn’t have a screen reader on it at the moment. I have the Login info, but is there a way to turn on Narrator immediately after Powering it on, i.e., before logging in to the computer? She is travelling at the moment, and I don’t have sighted assistance here for a while.

Also, how can I review Narrator commands from my PC running JAWS before I attempt this on the Windows 10 machine?

Thanks in advance. Keith