Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 07:53
Subject: Re: entries in jaws dictionary

wow,
That’s out of my league.
How would a fellow even begin to do something like that?

contact information
Mike McGlashon
PH: 618-783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@...

On Nov 11, 2018, at 10:07 AM, Dave... <dgcarlson@...> wrote:

Mike,

Not sure that's possible with the JAWS Dictionary. And I think the asterisk is the wildcard character, and searching for that may not work. Your solution might require writing a JAWS script for the application you're     using to read these documents.

Dave

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 06:58
Subject: entries in jaws dictionary

Hi guys:

I have a question regarding dictionary entries in jaws, 2019;

Here’s how it goes:

When I read court cases;

There are embedded page numbers within the case;

For instance,

A case might start on page 350 and go to 360;

Within the case, as one reads, he will find [*350), [*351), [*352], etc up to [*360].

What I would like to do,

Is when jaws sees these page number strings, [*3, where [*3 is part of the string for [*351];

I wish jaws to say, “official reporter page” and then the page numbers within the brackets;

So, when jaws sees [*354], it will say “official reporter page 354”

I tried making entries for this, but jaws will say “official reporter page” but it won’t say the page number within the brackets;

How do I put in the wildcard within the replacement word box so that jaws will say “official reporter page” and yet still read the original word that it is on;

Better yet, instead of having jaws say “official reporter page”, I have it make a sound and yet still read the string of original text?

My goal is since I know that there is only one star (*) between the left bracket and the beginning of the page number, I can make ten entries within the dictionary,

All that either say “official page reporter” and then the original string saying the page number itself,

Or I can have jaws play a sound when it sees that string, and then still say the actual word which is the page number of the reporter that I am on at the time.

I hope I haven’t confused anyone?

Please advise as necessary.

Mike m.

Mike mcglashon