entries in jaws dictionary

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

I have a question regarding dictionary entries in jaws, 2019;

Here’s how it goes:

When I read court cases;

There are embedded page numbers within the case;

For instance,

A case might start on page 350 and go to 360;

Within the case, as one reads, he will find [*350), [*351), [*352], etc up to [*360].

What I would like to do,

Is when jaws sees these page number strings, [*3, where [*3 is part of the string for [*351];

I wish jaws to say, “official reporter page” and then the page numbers within the brackets;

So, when jaws sees [*354], it will say “official reporter page 354”

I tried making entries for this, but jaws will say “official reporter page” but it won’t say the page number within the brackets;

How do I put in the wildcard within the replacement word box so that jaws will say “official reporter page” and yet still read the original word that it is on;

Better yet, instead of having jaws say “official reporter page”, I have it make a sound and yet still read the string of original text?

My goal is since I know that there is only one star (*) between the left bracket and the beginning of the page number, I can make ten entries within the dictionary,

All that either say “official page reporter” and then the original string saying the page number itself,

Or I can have jaws play a sound when it sees that string, and then still say the actual word which is the page number of the reporter that I am on at the time.

I hope I haven’t confused anyone?

Please advise as necessary.

Mike m.

Mike mcglashon