Re: SMA vs. subscription pricing model

R&J

If a brand new JAWS user purchases the product outright for $900 and pays $60 per year for an SMA for 30 years, he will have spent $1,800 on the SMA making the total cost $2,700.

If he pays $90 per year for 30 years the total cost is the  same, however, the first method involves laying out $900 up  front and one is losing the interest he could have earned on the original outlay.

As I have been using this product since the mid 80's, it is far more economical for me to keep the SMA current.  If I were a new customer, I'd definitely go with the yearly license.

Ron