Re: For a friend New desktop computer window 10 Jaws 17

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Matthew  I called my friend this afternoon and had computer techican man who installedprograms,repairs and etc on my computer on 3 way call he told my friend when she press window r type winver it’s say window 10  license by Microsoft  and he heard her jaws so he told her that she need to call FS technical support to straighten out her jaws setting and reinstalled jaws 17 then jaws will read and etc. So she is going to call FS Techical support Monday morning

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Horspool
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: For a friend New desktop computer window 10 Jaws 17

Hi,

Possibly because it is not compatible, as others have said. If not that, possibly because it is not activated. I sometimes have trouble here in that JAWS thinks my 40-minute mode has expired even though I have only just started up, which prevents activation from coming up. I would call Technical Support to get this problem resolved as it is a very cumbersome process to try and explain by email unless you know what you are doing.

Basically you would need to use an alternative screen reader and manually run the FS Activate program, which is located somewhere in Program Files.

Matthew