Re: For a friend New desktop computer window 10 Jaws 17

Matthew Horspool

Hi,

Possibly because it is not compatible, as others have said. If not that, possibly because it is not activated. I sometimes have trouble here in that JAWS thinks my 40-minute mode has expired even though I have only just started up, which prevents activation from coming up. I would call Technical Support to get this problem resolved as it is a very cumbersome process to try and explain by email unless you know what you are doing.

Basically you would need to use an alternative screen reader and manually run the FS Activate program, which is located somewhere in Program Files.

Matthew

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: 10 November 2018 00:28
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: For a friend New desktop computer window 10 Jaws 17

Hello All My friend told me she have a new desktop computer with window 10 and using jaws 17 !! She received jaws 17 disc from FS  she installed and download from disc then she noticed when she finish install jaws 17 then it’s ask her to press spacebar to restart computer then jaws never came back on !! She press window r type jaws17 it came on few second it cut off  again  !! Does anyone know why this happening to jaws 17 ?

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.