Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Maria Campbell
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Some people have been using  JAWS for nearly that long if not more.  I guess I can understand newbies getting the license rather than the whole program, but the rest of us are better off with the SMA, until it, too gets nixed.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

~ Blaise Pascal ~

On 11/10/2018 10:57 AM, Joseph Norton wrote:

Hi listers:

You know, I just took a calculator and compared what it would cost for a home user who was buying JAWS brand new, and keeping an SMA up-to-date, comparing that to the new subscription model.

So, if you buy JAWS new, for $900, then, you've got to pay $120 per 2 year period to keep the SMA up-to-date.  Comparing that to $90 per year, from what I can tell, it will take about 27 years before you end up paying more per year for the subscription than you would for keeping an SMA up-to-date.

And, will we be using JAWS in 27 years?

Cheers!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10