How do I make the "pane" with the "resume reading" button go away in MS Word 2016?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

In MS Word 2016 using JAWS 2019, when I open a document I can hear two “panes” opening.  As I F6 around, I hear when I go to the “document pane” (which I want) and also “pane” which has a button labeled “resume reading.”  I want to disable this latter pane with the “resume reading” button. In this particular document, it happens to have numerous headings and a few heading levels; so perhaps Word thinks it is some sort of an eBook that I am reading?  Whatever the case may be, how can I disable this?

Thanks,

Richard