Re: New Jaws subscription plan, why US only?

Roger Newell

I think 150 pounds is a bit expensive, but Sight and Sound has to make
some money from selling JAWS.

On 11/9/18, Bernard Georgiou <georgiou.bernard@...> wrote:
Hi,

I agree with you, I bet they will not reply either as its wrong they
don't offer the same prices worldwide as we all struggle no matter where
we live. As a matter of interest, I also saw that in the USA they have
an offer to renew their SMA licences, at a cost of US Dollars 60.00.
Here as of yesterday at Sight and Sound they quoted 150.00 pounds with
no upcoming specials envisaged. So how fair is that to us here?

Bernard

On 08-Nov-18 6:21 AM, Nickus de Vos wrote:
Hi all
I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription
plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your
thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t
really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are
only giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a
friends US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be
monitoring where a user is located while using it, I think the only
important thing to them is the address at sign up.

Nick