Re: How to put a radio URL into a play list file, .?

Peter Tesar

I have found a web site that gives some of the BBC URL addresses.

http://www.suppertime.co.uk/blogmywiki/2015/04/updated-list-of-bbc-network-radio-urls/

I pasted each link into Notepad and saved it with the extension .m3u.

Now both Plextalk and Windows Media Player plays the broadcast for BBC1 thru BBC4.

Thanks  Peter T.

On 11/9/2018 10:11 AM, Mario wrote:
"I noticed that the .asx, .m3u and .pls files are text files containing
a radio station URL. Perhaps these are called play list files."

yes, they are.

"... Is it as simple as copying and pasting the URL into Notepad and
saving it as a .m3u file?"

yes, it is that simple, but I think the trick is to find out what the
correct address should be to create a playlist or paste into the URL
edit field, but as far as I know, that'll have to be provided by the
broadcasting engineer/manager/director/administrator, in which case they
will email you such a file if their method for streaming can support the
use of PLS or M3U files. the M3U is the format that works in older media
players and the PLS format is the format meant for modern 	players. .
but modern players can play M3U playlists as well. and ASX is basically
(dead) not used as it once was.

I'd also be interested to know if there is a way to find out what the
correct address would be, not just for the BBC streams, but for any
stream without having to ask the appropriate individuals.