How to put a radio URL into a play list file, .?

Peter Tesar

Hello List,

I listen to Web radio on my Plextalk Linio. The .asx, .m3u and .pls files were provided by Plextalk but, now the BBC files do not work.

A few years ago, the BBC announced a change to their streaming standard. Can I create my own file to play on the Plextalk?

I have never intentionally played music on my computer, so I don’t know much about Play Lists.

I noticed that the .asx, .m3u and .pls files are text files containing a radio station URL. Perhaps these are called play list files.

How do I get the correct Web radio URL into these files? Is it as simple as copying and pasting the URL into Notepad and saving it as a .m3u file?

Now I listen to the BBC online, using FireFox to go to this streaming site:

   http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_world_service

I copied the address and pasted it into Notepad and into the Windows Media Player URL box.

Using Notepad I saved the file with the file extension .m3u

but, it won’t play.

I also pasted this URL into the Windows Media Player URL box.

I get this message:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

The .asx file contains this URL:

  http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_london/

It no longer works.

I would like to listen to the BBC World Service on the PlexTalk.

I would appreciate some advice or Web page that would explain the concepts of radio station addresses and how to create a file that will play in the PlexTalk.

Thanks,

Peter T.