Re: Is there a reason to not upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Roger Newell

I also use the touch cursor because I find that it works better than
OCR in many situations.

On 11/9/18, Ben Humphreys <brhbrhbrh@...> wrote:
Hi Keith,

One thing I've noticed about Windows 10 -- the Jaws cursor is
becoming increasingly less functional. I find I have to resort to
OCr more often than in the past.

But there's a lot to like too, such as a much-improved Narrator
(which works even when Jaws crashes).

I think the Ribbon-based Explorer is more cumbersome.

Also, a lot more Tabbing when in Windows configuration screens.

Nothing that's a deal killer, but I do miss how well the Jaws cursor
worked back in Windows 7 and XP days.

Ben

At 02:05 PM 11/8/2018, you wrote:
Hi,

I use a work computer which is still running Windows 7. We have now,
finally, been given an opportunity to upgrade from Windows 7 to
Windows 10, with a no return to Windows 7 policy once upgraded.

Is there any reason to not upgrade to Windows 10? This will be an
upgrade on an older computer, and not a replacement computer, if
that would make a difference.

Using the latest JAWS.

Thanks in advance. Keith