Re: Need refresher on how to change Jaws verbosity level
Patrick:toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
When I installed Jaws 2019, I successfully migrated my Jaws user settings from Jaws 2018 during the instalation process itself.
But, I followed your steps again, just to be sure.
Still, it seems like something has changed with regard to my Jaws verbosity settings.
For example, Jaws used to speak Alt Tab when I used that key conbination to switch applications. Now, it no longer does this.
It's certainly not the end of the world, and I can get used to the change. But I do wonder what else has changed and if I'll find other related issues as I work more with the new Jaws 2019.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Patrick Johnson
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: Need refresher on how to change Jaws verbosity level
Not quite answering your question but here are the steps to copy your earlier settings to a new version of JAWS. These steps were sent to me on a JAWS list earlier this week.
Try the following:
1. Open the Jaws context menu with, Insert / Jaws key + J.
2. Down arrow to, Utilities, and press enter.
3. Down arrow to, Import / Export submenu, and press enter.
4. Down arrow to, Migrate settings..., and press enter.
5. Now you'll have a combobox to choose which version of Jaws you would like to migrate your settings from... After you choose which Jaws version tab 1 time to, Yes, and press the spacebar and follow the prompts.
On 11/8/18, Tom Behler <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: