Re: Jaws and Very Large PDF documents

John Covici

How about the full version of Acrobat DC, not the reader. This one
you have to pay for.

On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 15:58:23 -0500,
LAZZARI Ruth wrote:

Thanks for all of those fine suggestions. I am definitely going to try the Q read for other projects! Unfortunately, she also will need to actually manipulate and edit the document; for instance extract pages then insert them in another. Converting/opening them in word then reconverting can definitely change the formatting. There are many intense tax forms and formats in one of these files.

I think for now (since we cannot ask for them in another format) we might just need to split up the actual documents into 2 or 3 files to do the editing required. I am going to keep trying alternatives though.

Thanks again,

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hope Williamson via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and Very Large PDF documents

Having some experience with reading long legal documents just for fun, I'd say that you could try something like Q read. If you can extract a page from the document, is there a way to split it into smaller sizes?
Here's a service that will do this, you just have to upload the file.
They do have a desktop client it looks like.
https://www.sodapdf.com/split-pdf//

Also last time I tried it Q read did not work with the JAWS OCR features. It hasn't updated since then, so I doubt much has changed, then again I could be wrong.

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com