Re: Ccleaner replacement

Vaughn Brown

Thank you Paul. That helped a lot.
Vaughn

On 11/7/18, paul lemm <paul.lemm@...> wrote:
Hi,

Not a lot of people know that the built in windows disk cleanup as some
additional features which you can’t see when running disk clean up in the
usual way. The below options have been in windows I think since xp, maybe
even longer and its completely accessible with Jaws, I’ve always been
surprised that windows don’t add these options to their standard disk
cleanup tool, but I guess they are advance settings so don’t want the
average user deleting stuff they might later want. So that being said I
should probably point out to anyone using the extended disk cleaner settings
I mention below to only delete stuff you know you don’t want/need. So its
really easy to access just go to run and type the following

cleanmgr sageset:99

This brings up the standard disk cleanup interface but with more options
than just standard disk clean up. You select what you want it to clean up
and click ok, which closes the disk cleanup window, then go to run again and
then this time type the following to run disk cleanup with the settings you
just selected

cleanmgr sagerun:99

hope the above helps

Paul