Try the PDF reader that is built into current versions of Google Chrome. It
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
works better in many cases than Adobe Reader, in my experience.
Also, you could purchase and install ABBYY FineReader to convert the PDF files
into HTML or Microsoft Word format.
LAZZARI Ruth <email@example.com> wrote:
I am trying to assist a tax accountant who uses Jaws 2018 and Adobe Reader Pro 11 . She is often give pdf files that are up to 1000 pages to read and extract pages as necessary! While Jaws reads as normal for smaller documents, less than 500, at 1000+ we only get a Document Empty message. We know that the document has been OCR'd, in fact when we extract a page from the large document it works well. We have:
1) Tested this with NVDA as well as the Adobe Read Out Loud. We receive the same message.
2) Tried all of the Adobe reading settings, e.g. process one page at a time, read from left to right, raw stream, etc.
3) Ran Accessibility Checker which indicated that it indeed it is not an image
4) Checked the Adobe security settings, which indicates no protection at all.
5) Behaves the exact same way in Adobe Reader versus Pro.
I cannot test this document in Jaws 2019 because they are confidential tax documents, and at this time she does not have Jaws 2019 installed. (We are working on that now.)
If anyone has any ideas at all, we would truly appreciate it.
Thanks so much!
Ruth Lazzari, Assistive Technology Specialist
Oregon Commission for the Blind
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.