Re: New Computer

Kimber Gardner

Just guessing here, but there may not be an application key at all. I
just bought a laptop that doesn't have one and it's going back to the
seller.

As for the function keys, they may be set to perform hardware
functions rather than the application specific functions you would
expect. I'm not sure how you would change that on an HP laptop. But
you can get the app specific function by holding down the FN key while
pressing the function keys.

I hope this helps.

On 11/8/18, Angie Goodnight <agoodnight@...> wrote:
Good morning all,
I recently bought a new HP Laptop. I am having a couple of problems but I
think it is me not the computer. Some of my shortcut keys are not working
such as Insert F7 for links, or F7 for Spell Check. I cannot seem to find
the application key where in the past it has always been two keys to the
right of the space bar. I have my keyboard set to laptop. I have had no luck
trying to search these issues online. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Angie Goodnight

--