Re: Ccleaner replacement

Chris,

           You are correct in your assessment of registry cleaners in general, not just CCleaner's (which, at least, must be intentionally run as it's not a part of default cleaning).  I know of no one who's a "tech geek" with any depth of experience who recommends using these.

            For those that are looking for a comprehensive junk file cleaner I'd suggest you take a look at Singular Labs' System Ninja.  I cannot swear that it is accessible, but given both its interface style and its length of remaining relatively unchanged I'd strongly suspect it will be.  At any rate, for personal use it's free so the readership here can certainly download, assess accessibility, and report back.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz